predator hunting

TrophyHunter3

I'm just curious to see if anyone on here hunts coyotes? Like to just know what cartridge yall use and if yell use night scopes or just hunt em wee daylight hours

ryantaylor

Hunt them fairly regularly. If I'm saving the fur I'll use my .223 with 55 grain vmax. Hunt them exclusively during the day because hunting them at night is illegal in TN. To me it is as much fun as deer hunting. It would be a good time to thin them out right before fawns start to drop.

Nedrigger

if you have a problem with them on your property you can notify twra and they can issue a permit to hunt at night

churly

Trapping is by far the most effective means to get yotes. Snares over carcasses are best. I would advise anyone who has never trapped to take the trapper education course offered by TWRA and Bill Swann III in the winter. I took it 2 years ago and glad I did.

procraft

i also hunt them often i use a 223 also i like a 17hmr the 17 is deadly out to 150 yards if no wind long range or 15mph wind i go with a 223 also a 243 is good as i am not after fur i use the hornady 55 gr in the 223 cci in the 17 or federal premium and in 243 fed 100 gr soft point or win 90gr balistic tip all will serve you well and in AL you must hunt in day light hope this helps have fun

TrophyHunter3

Thanks for all the input fellas..im really just poking around at the idea. I had a coyote walk with in 10 yards of me this pass deer season. I could tell he sensed something was there but I did not move cause I knew I couldn't get em but ever since I got an itch.

lmk25

I don't hunt coyotes, but will take any opportunity to kill one. Day or night, city limits or a farmers field. I've stopped the truck in the road to shoot them more than once. I kill more in the spring than any other time of the year. I Have no use for a coyote or know anyone that's likes to have them hang around.
Good luck!

churly

The hides don't bring $5. But a dead coyote saves unknown amounts of deer, turkey, and small game

catjuggin

churly - 4/24/2016 6:52 PM

The hides don't bring $5. But a dead coyote saves unknown amounts of deer, turkey, and small game

Yotes are an enemy of The federation.

Fair warning: don't dump the carcass in your friend's dumpster.

Hook1

lmk25 - 4/23/2016 10:41 AM

I don't hunt coyotes, but will take any opportunity to kill one. Day or night, city limits or a farmers field. I've stopped the truck in the road to shoot them more than once. I kill more in the spring than any other time of the year. I Have no use for a coyote or know anyone that's likes to have them hang around.
Good luck!

Well that's all good and fun till the warden gets wind of it. Like it or not that's still road hunting and illegal. Either way I hate coyotes. Had been seeing one in Rossville around dark. He wouldn't even run from cars and I figure he was rabid. He disappeared a while back apparently.