The A rig

Fhixon

Never fished one before.but going to try it this years.
So lets hear it from those who have
Who sales the best ones ?
Who makes the best one?
What size is best?
With or with out ?
Can't wait to everyone input on this
Thanks in advance

Trickwrm

Well, I'll start by saying that I'm a newbie when it comes to experience with this rig but I have slowly started to catch some fish with it. I have only used the 5 wire Yumbrella rig with 1/8oz heads on Keitech swing impact fat swimbaits. A lot of people swear by the Zoom Swimmin Super Fluke Jr. in white ice color but I haven't thrown that yet. Seems like a lot of people prefer the rig with blades, I have a Yum Flash Mob Jr. but I haven't thrown it yet. It definitely seems to be a rig that produces feast or famine type results. If you do keep it in your hand and wind it as slow as you possibly can there is a pretty good chance that you will get bit at some point throughout the day. Not much help, just my two cents.

Harrington

ccone

i bought two from dayton boat dock both 5 wire with 8 blades and i'm running 1/4 ounce heads and big bite and zoom swim baits i have had a good year so far with one over six so far and i lost one over 7 or better off the side of the boat.

you can catch big fish on it. But it really takes the fun out of trying to figure things out to me. Just my opinion, I would give it a try but if your any kind of sportsman you will quickly see there are better ways to catch fish. I did catch a 6lb spot and doubled up on two 3 pound spots at parksville on one. May not ever throw it again.

Gone fishin - 2/8/2016 12:42 AM

you can catch big fish on it. But it really takes the fun out of trying to figure things out to me. Just my opinion, I would give it a try but if your any kind of sportsman you will quickly see there are better ways to catch fish. I did catch a 6lb spot and doubled up on two 3 pound spots at parksville on one. May not ever throw it again.

No sport to catching 6 lbers on every cast lol....... Contrary to popular belief it is not a magic bait and you can have 10 people fish it and all fish it differently with different results.... Sounds about like crank bait fishing to me

javelin379

I've caught big fish on it at guntersville years ago when it first came out I can't catch a fish at chickamauga on it. It's a bait I will throw if I have a decent limit on something else. Just my .02 cents on it.

Some say it takes the fun out of it but for me catching fish is fun so I love the rig. I throw five wire with two dummy baits. Usually 1/4 to 3/16 heads. Caught an 11lber on Chickamauga last year on it. Some use flourocarbon but I use braid. Good luck

Personally I've never thrown one either. I've got a tournament on Nickajack next weekend. I'm considering using one then. The verdict is still out on that. But it sounds like it's hit or miss like everything else. Some people have better luck than others with it. I'm definitely following this thread.

fishinvol

It's ok. I've caught a bunch of fish on em and a few big ones, but I enjoy throwing a couple other baits much more. So a rig becomes more of a 3rd or 4th option for me.