New to Fishing Nickajack

jsnyder11

Just came down here from ny and looking for any tips on fishing nickajack. Looking to really catch some crappie, bass and cats. I got a 14.5' lowe with a 30hp on it and just trying to get on the water on the weekends and catch a few fish.

Mike Hernandez

Welcome to the area. I haven't been on Nick in a long time, but might be able to offer a few pointers for bass. Don't know where you put in at but here's a couple of options:

Marion County Park - fish the rip-rap that's around the ramp and along the far side close to the road. Try a jig & craw trailer as well as TX rig. I like black/blue jigs and green pumpkin worms. You can also head out of the park and fish the area to the right as you're coming out of the park area. Then head the right and on the opposite side of the rest area, is another good bank to try.

Sullivans - head right from the ramp and go to the old tie-ups on the right. Fish that bank back towards Sullivan's until you get to the small bridges. There's a couple more areas but not sure how to describe as I haven't fished them in a long time.

Hope this gives a little starting info. Best of luck & tight lines!