Church youth group fishing trip! Need your help

smughal31

My church's youth pastor at temple baptist church contacted me and wanted to take a few young boys fishing. I was wondering if anyone has or knows of a private pond where we could take the boys. The type of fish does not matter just need to be catching fish as I'm sure their attention span is not very long lol. If you have any ideas please let me know we will leave the pond/property just as we found it and return all the fish to the pond. We also may need a few push button rod and reels for the boys to use if anyone would like to donate to these kids they would love that. This is an opportunity to introduce our wonderful sport to these kids and I want to make it one they will never forget! I was told there would be around 7 boys involved as of right now. I know I'm kind of asking a lot but it is the season of giving :) Thank you for any help or suggestions it's much apprciated!

porthos33

I think the trout stamps are pretty expensive, but not sure. Our church youth group goes out to Parksville to Camp Cherokee every year in the summer time. A few years ago they had a forest fire going on up there so we had to find somewhere else to go. We ended up right down the road at a place called Camp Agape. They were not on the lake, but they had there own small lake that we were able to fish. The boys did pretty good and caught a ton of Largemouth Bass throughout the week mainly on soft plastic baits. I know that there are a couple of them that still go out there from time to time. They are really nice people so just give them a call and let them know what you are wanting to do.

Here is a link to the address with directions: http://campagape.net/camp-agape-directions/
Ph. #: (423) 338-4153

DTRITON

KIDS UNDER THE AGE OF 13 DON'T NEED FISHING LICENSE OR STAMPS TO FISH.....PER TWRA...RESIDENT OR NON-RESIDENT