#1 Ohio?

Carl Guffey

TubbyTN - 10/4/2015 7:37 PM if the buckeyes played in the sec they would lose 3 or 4 games per year
</p>

<font size="3">Not true. They handled an Alabama team last year in the final four. They have a coach from Utah, who by the way coached and won in the SEC. What was his name? Ohyeah, Urban Meyer. They are undefeated so far this year. unlike Alabama, Mississippi, Auburn, and Tennessee.</font></p>

Carl Guffey

Treadftheyin - 11/30/2015 7:40 AM What was that undefeated? More like overrated!
</p>

They got beat by three in a rain soaked game. Not ahead by 21 and got beat. And the team that took Michigan state too the wire they beat by 40 on a dry field.</p>

Badbass Lures

Treadfin - 11/30/2015 11:05 AM

They got beat by the only real team they have played

Yeah, +1 here. I don't think people understand the strain of playing in a meat grinder conference like the SEC West. The SEC East has been inconsistent as of late, but the West is brutal. When 1/2 of the teams on your schedule are legitimate top 5 teams at any given point that is tough. Is Ohio a good team? Yes. Would they finish with multiple losses in the SEC? Unquestionably yes. I wish Ohio played in a different conference truthfully. I'd even like to see how they would match up against conference like the Big 12. Even Meyer knows that his team has struggled most of the year. This ESPN article pretty well sums it up.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...s-put-college-football-playoff-hopes-jeopardy

BulletTJ

What I really find funny is now some of Ohio States players are talking trash about AL and the strength of schedule. If I were the Buckeyes I would do everything I could to change the subject of strength of schedule. I heard they were thinking about scheduling Marion County for next year but they decided not to. Seems they werent sure they could beat them. I agree with the playing in a meat grinder comment. You really dont need depth if you have a cream puff schedule and could take your starters out after the first quarter. They only reason the Buckeyes dont do that is they like to run the score up on a team if they can. I guess you have to do something to try and offset the cream puff games. It would be nice to only have one or two top 25 teams on your schedule and still get ranked in the top ten.

Carl Guffey

<font face="georgia,palatino" size="3">You get ranked when you beat the numbers 1 and 2 team in the country in two weeks, win a national championship and return a bunch of starters. Until you get beat, the bad thing is they could still wind up in the top four.</font>

GAfisherman

Carl Guffey - 11/30/2015 10:03 PM

<font face="georgia,palatino" size="3">You get ranked when you beat the numbers 1 and 2 team in the country in two weeks, win a national championship and return  a bunch of starters. Until you get beat, the bad thing is they could still wind up in the top four.</font>

Haha let it go. Won't happen.

BulletTJ

GAfisherman - 12/1/2015 8:29 PM

Carl Guffey - 11/30/2015 10:03 PM

<font face="georgia,palatino" size="3">You get ranked when you beat the numbers 1 and 2 team in the country in two weeks, win a national championship and return  a bunch of starters. Until you get beat, the bad thing is they could still wind up in the top four.</font>

Haha let it go. Won't happen.
I agree. If you cant win your conference you should not be in the mix for a National Championship.

go blue

Just wait until Jim gets his recruiting class in there. Watch out Ohio and state which we should of beat them. Go blue

elwestb

BulletTJ - 12/1/2015 2:55 PM

What I really find funny is now some of Ohio States players are talking trash about AL and the strength of schedule. If I were the Buckeyes I would do everything I could to change the subject of strength of schedule. I heard they were thinking about scheduling Marion County for next year but they decided not to. Seems they werent sure they could beat them. I agree with the playing in a meat grinder comment. You really dont need depth if you have a cream puff schedule and could take your starters out after the first quarter. They only reason the Buckeyes dont do that is they like to run the score up on a team if they can. I guess you have to do something to try and offset the cream puff games. It would be nice to only have one or two top 25 teams on your schedule and still get ranked in the top ten.

I agree BulletTJ!

FYI NCAA Schedule Rankings show Ohio St. as no. 35 having the most difficult schedule for 2015. Alabama is listed as no. 2. College Preview shows the top 5 hardest and top 5 easiest schedules for the top ranked teams. Ohio St. is listed as the no. 1 easiest and Alabama is the no. 1 hardest. Phil Steele has Alabama listed as the most difficult schedule for 2015. Also of the top 15 most difficult schedules, 8 of those 15 schools are all in the SEC! Fl. Tx. AM SC MS TN Aub Ga. and AL. Sagarin and RPI Ratings both basically show the same thing.