OH MY!! Justin Medley will be getting the calls now!

Jmax

Just saw Justin Medley on the news! emoWorthy I am sure the calls will be coming in for him to be starring in up and coming other shows. emoTongue He will be breaking into "Stardom" any day now. Just a heads up, don't give up your day job just yet Churly.

On a side note. I do not consider killing Cecil the lion "Hunting". To hire a couple guys to lead that loin off the protected area it was on by offering meat to him and once he is out of that area shooting him is not hunting. emoTskTsk The dang lion was so use to people it did not see people as a threat. He would walk right up to them. I do not care for these so called hunters that pay these huge prices to kill some animal in a cage or a park, that is not hunting in my book. So many of these so called hunters brag about the animals they kill and if you look up where and how they did it. It is not a sport at all. More like killing farmed raised animals in a luxury sating at a five star hotel. emoCrazy I do not respect those who do that as hunters. Those kinds of hunters are just paying someone so they can be killers. Then brag about how they "Hunted" the animal with the head mounted on their wall. Some may disagree with my outlook on this topic but for me it gives actual hunters a bad name. emoDoh Jmax

Buoy-Master

He had a good discussion on my Facebook wall last night. I'd love to get permission to coy it here. Ol redneck god fearing gun toting outdoors man did a great job representing concerns as a committed and dedicated hunter.

SpurHunter

I once recall a story of a guy riding a four Wheeler up a deer trail, saw a good buck, stopped his four wheeler...the deer didnt run away, he pulled out his gun, loaded it, aim, fired and killed said deer. All legal, but how sporting was that? I recall this story to say, I would have done the same thing.

I also would be really careful what you believe about the lion hunting story you are being fed by liberal news media folks.

derek81

Jmax - 7/31/2015 5:55 AM

Just saw Justin Medley on the news! emoWorthy I am sure the calls will be coming in for him to be starring in up and coming other shows. emoTongue He will be breaking into "Stardom" any day now. Just a heads up, don't give up your day job just yet Churly.

On a side note. I do not consider killing Cecil the lion "Hunting". To hire a couple guys to lead that loin off the protected area it was on by offering meat to him and once he is out of that area shooting him is not hunting. emoTskTsk The dang lion was so use to people it did not see people as a threat. He would walk right up to them. I do not care for these so called hunters that pay these huge prices to kill some animal in a cage or a park, that is not hunting in my book. So many of these so called hunters brag about the animals they kill and if you look up where and how they did it. It is not a sport at all. More like killing farmed raised animals in a luxury sating at a five star hotel. emoCrazy I do not respect those who do that as hunters. Those kinds of hunters are just paying someone so they can be killers. Then brag about how they "Hunted" the animal with the head mounted on their wall. Some may disagree with my outlook on this topic but for me it gives actual hunters a bad name. emoDoh Jmax

The pisser is that half this story has been fueled by media, the people of Zimbabwe are not to concerned about this, just people on a different continent be cause we like to be upset and offended. These people live of guys like this, it's how they put food on their tables.

Jmax

SpurHunter - 7/31/2015 9:27 AM

I once recall a story of a guy riding a four Wheeler up a deer trail, saw a good buck, stopped his four wheeler...the deer didnt run away, he pulled out his gun, loaded it, aim, fired and killed said deer. All legal, but how sporting was that? I recall this story to say, I would have done the same thing.

Well, not exactly. I was hunting, in the wild, not a tamed deer, I did see it standing off in a field as I drove by. (It was on our hunting property.) I went on by it a good ways where it could no longer see or hear me, nor could I see it. Then got out my gun, loaded it, slipped back to where I could see it again and when I had a good aim on it I dropped him. If he had seen me slipping back he would have been gone. I do not see any comparisons in what I did and what is being said about this Lion. If all what is being said about it is true then I stand by what I posted. But there is another side to this, what did the guy know? Was he led to believe this Lion he was shooting was a wide and free roaming regular lion or did he know it was Cecil? I bet we will hear a lot more. emoScratch Jmax

P.S.- In another article posted this morning, in an interview with the guy he said he had hired the guide service for the hunt and was told all was in order with the hunt. He thought the necessary permits and requirements had been bought and followed by the guide service he had paid for. Sounds like he was not aware of a lot of things.

slowpoke

Heard on the radio yesterday that this guy had a previous felony for killing a bear outside the permitted area where his license was good for and lied about it?? So how are we supposed to believe him about this whole lion issue?? I Could care less about him killing this lion as long as it was legal.

churly

Its not a matter of believing the hunter or not. Its a matter of believing everything you read on the inter-web. Anti-hunting propaganda must be working....

kcsteve

When you are dealing with people that have killed the White Rhino to extinction, what is one less lion?
There are four (yes 4) White Rhino left on Earth.

EricM

Note: yes, there are only 4 animals remaining of the subspecies Northern White Rhino. The Southern White Rhino has rebounded and is doing reasonably well.

They are not alone. Here we barely escaped exterminating the American Bison.

swin

I don't agree with the way the Lion was killed but it's a animal where is the same kind of outrage about all the People that have been killed in the Middle East by ISIS ?

smalliemouth

If god said we have dominion over the animals then why is this one sounding more like he commited murder, it could or could not have been ethical, we will prob not know, ive been hunting one deer for three years and I wouldn't shoot it on the way in, in the road but everybodys clock turns differently.

CCR09

I'm not sure I can say the guy was totally clueless to what he was doing, but $50,000 is a hefty fine to post for the lion. Its not like he shot the last tazzy tiger or something. Can't say I know why he has to hunt lions, but to each his own.

buzz

Yep that Liberal Media, sure knows how to deflect things....such as selling dead baby parts.

flpper

buzz - 8/3/2015 4:03 AM

Yep that Liberal Media, sure knows how to deflect things....such as selling dead baby parts.

To put this in perspective; the "dead" babies were murdered, albeit "legally".

MagicMan72

You wouldn't have heard this much about the guy if he had been hunting and killing people.

SpurHunter

So as usual when it comes to things the liberal media is screaming about, there is a lot more to this story. My boss is from Minnesota, Justin knows him and will know this to be legit. He has extensive African big game experience and his taxidermist is...you guessed it, the same as the (MN) dentist that killed Cecil. Please raise your hand if your shocked about the details being changed to suit a liberal narrative.