strange morning

swamp

Got out at day lite and caught a couple of small stripe.
Hooked something huge.Never got to see it.I don't think it was a game fish,it moved real slow and steady for about 30sec then the hook popped out.
The storm this morning came straight up the river.l sat in out in my truck.After it passed I Fished for about thirty minutes and caught a turtle .Lots of fun

Attachments

• P7230042.JPG
    P7230042.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 476
  • P7230040.JPG
    P7230040.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 466
  • P7020009.JPG
    P7020009.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 427

EricM

Pretty sure neither of them qualifies as a Tennessee Trophy - but still fun! emoBigsmile emoToast

cptenn94

There are 2 possible culprits I would think that could be what you hooked. You said you did not think it was a gamefish, so two fish I know that might be big enough, and would move slow and steady would be a large catfish(plenty in the river), or perhaps even a sturgeon. Earlier this year I was casting for baitfish by the dam and there were two large sturgeon(perhaps 4-6 ft long) that just swam around then disappeared.

Catching a turtle on a fly is pretty impressive. To date I only have caught two turtles, and they were at chester frost park.

I was really surprised to catch a soft shell turtle. I had no idea they existed till I got it up on the pier. It was so cool feeling it, and the shell felt really flexible.