Awesome Experience last night!

porthos33

So, I was out fishing last night and had about an hour left of daylight. I decided to run back up river to finish out the night. I passed a big ski boat with 8 people hit their wake and back to WOT. All the sudden I notice a huge bird to my left flying down beside me and slam into the water. I realize when it comes out of the water the it's a Bald Eagle! I have been wanting to see one SOOO badin the wild for the last few years and just never got the opportunity till Now! I turned the boat as fast as I could and tracked it back to a tree. </p>

I sat there for a minute as it seemed irritated that I was close by. The color of this bird was amazing. After about 2 minutes of filming her with my go pro she took off again down river and I noticed another bird fly after her. It was huge too and I believe it was a black eagle. Different coloring and maybe just a bit smaller than the bald eagle. So I started up the motor again and headed down river to find them. </p>

Once I found them again they were sitting high above all the other trees togetherjust making all kinds of ruckus. Istayed with them till the sun got down and kept trying to get more video with the Go pro.About the time I was leaving the two eagles were a few hundred yards apart. I tried making the same call as the bald eagle was and it worked. She would respond almost every time I made that noise.Way to cool.Words just can't describe this experience. It was hard getting video since I was in such aww over those birds, but I did get a few clips of the bald eagle flying away out of the trees that I will try and put on here soon. I hope everyone gets to experience this once in their life! </p>

The Lord is SOOOO Amazing!</p>

Awesome, there are bunches of them around Knoxville now. I'd say the slightly smaller one you saw was just an immature bald eagle, takes them about 4 years to develop the white head and white tail

Hook1

If you look enough you'll see them. I never quite realized how huge they are until one got close to me.

derek81

Last fall we were on Parksville and had one come down maybe 75 from the boat and keep pace with us for about 500 yards at around 45mph. I had never been that close to one and I was lucky enough to have both my boys with me .

The second eagle was likely a juvenile bald. They will be full grown (size wise) within 3 months of age but won't get their full colors for about 5 years.

TNDOC

Yep cool experience! I had my first experience in wolftever creek several years ago and was the same way, just aww struck. I have seen more and more the past few years and this winter we had one that stayed by our house the entire season. It was really cool! It came flying by our deck one afternoon and was probably 50 feet from me, and those things are HUGE!