large treble hook

derek81

Does anyone have anything large enough to be used to retrieve a lost fishing rod that u could borrow? I knocked a rod off the boat I'd like to get back.

deerhunter3

I lost one last year , got it back with a chain stringer. Try putting a 8 oz. sinker on the first and last hook , open all the rest add some trot line string. this worked good for me.

Liveliner

No No No to the hooks that will hang up on everything but the lost rod.. The Fishing Forum has caught on to the #1 device. If you will research you will see who first posted that Idea... Get a small Diameter Rope of Cord Tie it into the first chain link behind the single top loop on a metal stringer. Depending on the depth and current attach a lead sinker in the top stringer loop.. About a 5oz. for most.. Open all other stringer hooks and drag it slowly throughout the area where your rod sank.. You have nine hooks working. the good thing is that if you hang into a rock or log, the Stringer hooks will bend out to release from the snag.. Trust me. I have known this trick for many many years and it absolutely works.

the maddog

emoThumbsup Just glad that you got your rod and reel so soon before the 'grime' attached to it! Congrats on the catch of the day! emoAngler emoApplause