a boat sinks on the chic

Fhixon

we saw the boat sink saturday</p>

TWRA did a good job in helping recover it</p>

</p>

poolecw

Glad they were ok.

Reminds me of the time I bought a brand new boat and took it to the river. I backed it off the trailer and then parked the truck. When I got back to the boat, it was filling up with water. I pulled it up on the bank as much as I could and then cut on the bilge pumps. Come to find out, I plugged up the livewell intake holes instead of the drain holes. Good thing it was a Carolina Skiff

Strato-G

Saw the commotion as we passed, glad to hear not a boating accident doe to fog & traffic......... emoGeezer emoUSA

Gator

A friend saw this. He says they were an older couple from Knoville, first time on the Chick. Had to be towed back but they were not in the boat just sort of clinging to it and it was almost sunk. No life jackets were seen. Operator said plug came out. Tough day for sure.

Liveliner

If you loose a plug. Crank up and run as fast as the heavy boat will allow. that will suck the water out of the drain.. Find a Smooth beach or pea gravel bar and beach the boat while raising the engine... In knee deep water you can insert one of your many spare plugs. and Save a Ton in funds and equipment.. Why people stop dead still in deep water is a mystery to me.. Sorry Dude, you were first and foremost NOT properly sea worthy and then you lost all common sense for survival...

jellyworm

Running the boat will suck some of the water out the drain depending on how much is in the hull. Funny how people make accusations. Just glad the folks were okay. Mistakes happen, equipment fails sometimes.

Fishin Fool

</p>

Excellent advice and it works.
</p>

</p>

Liveliner - 4/25/2015 5:06 PM If you loose a plug. Crank up and run as fast as the heavy boat will allow. that will suck the water out of the drain.. Find a Smooth beach or pea gravel bar and beach the boat while raising the engine... In knee deep water you can insert one of your many spare plugs. and Save a Ton in funds and equipment.. Why people stop dead still in deep water is a mystery to me.. Sorry Dude, you were first and foremost NOT properly sea worthy and then you lost all common sense for survival...
</p>

Mr. S

Liveliner - 4/25/2015 5:06 PM

If you loose a plug. Crank up and run as fast as the heavy boat will allow. that will suck the water out of the drain.. Find a Smooth beach or pea gravel bar and beach the boat while raising the engine... In knee deep water you can insert one of your many spare plugs. and Save a Ton in funds and equipment.. Why people stop dead still in deep water is a mystery to me.. Sorry Dude, you were first and foremost NOT properly sea worthy and then you lost all common sense for survival...

Works well, been there done that.

ddxlesd

Be interesting to hear how many of us have put one in the water without the plug in? I always leave the plug in but recently had our rig in the shop and they had lake tested it, thankful that a look underneath revealing that the shop had pulled the plug when they loaded it. Can remember back when we didn't have bilge pumps, fishing in a hard rain always called for pulling the plug and running down the lake to drain the boat. Gosh I must be gettin old!