current temps

poolecw

Does anyone have any recent temps off of the chick or the nick?

When I lived in south ga, there was a website that logged temp and level readings for some Ga Power lakes. Does TVA have something like that for the Tenn lakes?

drumking

poolecw - 2/28/2015 11:36 AM

Does anyone have any recent temps off of the chick or the nick?

When I lived in south ga, there was a website that logged temp and level readings for some Ga Power lakes. Does TVA have something like that for the Tenn lakes?

TVA does not record lake temps that I know of. The lake temp last Sunday was 39-40 degrees just about everywhere. With the big snows this week, I don't think it would have warmed up much if any at all.
emoBigsmile emoGeezer

porthos33

Fishingnotes.com has developed a highly accurate and sophisticated water temperature modeling algorithm to determine the mean daily water temperature based on climatic and geophysical data for this lake. Some of the variables used to determine the mean daily water temperature include past weather trends, solar radiation, evaporation, lake size, and lake geometry.

Currently the accuracy of the estimated mean water temperature is within 4 degrees Fahrenheit of measured temperature value in approximately 90% of our lakes. However Fishingnotes.com is continuously updating our water temperature algorithms to improve the accuracy. You can help make the estimated water temperature for this lake more accurate by providing the water temperature readings when you are out on the water. To do this add a fishing report below with the actual water temperature at this lake. This will provide helpful data to correlate the water temperature algorithms with.

http://www.fishingnotes.com/fishing-report/tn/Chickamauga-Lake