New rod and reel advice

reeltime

Looking to purchase a new rod and baitcaster. Was looking for opinions on what to go with. Looking to use it for mostly traps, crankbaits, and finesse worms.(if that's even possible to have the same rod and reel for all three)I appreciate all the advice! God Bless!

fischnrod

It is possible to have one set up for all 3 . If I were you I would consider an Ugly Stick and a good reel with 5.1 to 6.5 gear ratio. Shimano reels are great if you can afford one of those or a good used Lew's Laser reel in 5.1 ratio is also a great choice if you can find one.

fischnrod

I think medium heavy or heavy would be fine if you get the Ugly Stick as they are a little more limber in my opinion

mjwendorf

I would check out the duckett ghost rods. Maybe the 7'crankin rod.
I would also get up with Johnny from djmarineelectronics. Has the best prices around and is great to do business with.

I use a Mojo bass cranking rod and it works great, and you can continue to use it so it doesn't just sit when trap season is over.

reeltime

I definetly will check him out, I appreciate all the help. When do you typically stop throwing traps?

djsmarinelectronics

Lew's reels are great reels for the money; the new BB-1 Speed Spool comes in a 5.1:1

reeltime

Thanks everybody for the help, I really appreciate it. I should be out to your store next weekend. Out of town this week for work.