Deflategate! What do you think?

Jmax

O.K., lets say it is a major tournament and the person who wins gets to fish the Bass Masters Classic. The guy who wins gets the trophies and all the acclimates that goes with it. Later on we find out he was using tackle that he knew was illegal but they let him keep his win and said the penalty was going to be a fine and he was the last boat out for the classic. How would you feel? What if you were the guy in 2nd place? The guy cheated and yet he got to keep his win and all that went with it? Or would you say he was to be DQ'd and not allowed to fish the Classic.

That is the way I look at this Deflategate issue. Cheating is cheating! emoBang The stupid thing about it is they never needed to from what I saw. The Colts that day were an embarrassment. emoRolleyes This idea that it should matter is to me missing the whole issue of cheating. Does that mean if the game was closer that it should matter but since it was not close it doesn't? I am neither a Patriot fan or a Colts fan but I am a fan of being honest when you compete.

I really think based on all we are seeing that if it is found that they really did cheat knowingly that they should be stripped of their win and DQ'd. emoGeezer This belief that they are to be fined and loose a first round draft pick is peanuts compared to advancing to the Super Bowl. If that is all that happens what kind of message are we sending there?

Maybe I am too much of a harda@*. But cheating at any level is cheating. "Cheaters emoEnforce Jmax". Am I wrong? What do you think?

Jmax emoScratch

Hank's Dad

The Pats are the Eddie Guerreros of the NFL. "Cheat 2 Win"

I think they should be DQ'd and the Colts move up.

But as a Dallas fan I don't really care who plays. I do care if I can win on some boards for the game......

elwestb

... gett'in to be like NASCAR! If you ain't cheat'in, you ain't really trying!

Oldman

coach needs to be bared from the NFL forever.

flpper

Indicative of the way society has come to think of "in-appropriate" behavior in general. "Not my fault; I was under so much pressure, I was forced to do this or that". We (as a society) do not take responsibility for our own actions, and are not held accountable, or made to accept reasonable punishment.

Look what they did to Pete Rose for gambling. No one ever proved he cheated in a game to win a bet, yet he was banned from baseball for life! I ain't a big "Charlie Hustle" fan, but that was a little extreme.

We ( I'm considered a conservative individual) need to start using social media in the same manner as more liberal individuals have been using it. Saturate it with our ideas and ideology, and pressure organizations to hold cheaters, slackers, and general mal-contents accountable for "in-appropriate behavior"!

BRamsey

I like Brady and the Pats but if they cheated kick em to the curb! Dumb question though, Don't both teams use the same ball?

drumking

Can a skunk change his stripes? Can a leopard change his spots? Can Bela-cheat answer any questions with anything other than - 'we moving on to Cincinnati'? emoGeezer

Jmax

BRamsey - 1/22/2015 1:50 PM

Don't both teams use the same ball?

Never knew it but from what I have read that would be a "No". Each team presents their balls to be tested by the refs like two and a half hours before the game. Then you get to change out balls on your side as the games is played when you have possession of the ball. emoScratch Who Knew?

Hook1

dragfish - 1/22/2015 7:07 PM

Can't beleive this wasn't caught by the officials during the game! Who figured it out?

That's what I thought too! After each play the official gets a ball, another is marking the spot and the official has to place the ball and signal that the offense can run the next play. How was this not noticed every time the official spotted the ball? :eek:

Jmax

The thing that started it was the one lone interception that the Colts had. The player who had the interception said that the ball felt deflated and was easier to catch. Isn't it strange that the one time that a player on the Colts side intercepted the ball he noticed it right off but none of the players on the Patriots side noticed it at all. emoDoh There is no doubt in my mind that you could tell but in this case you have a smoking gun but no way to prove who fired it. It was when the Colts player pointed it out they checked the balls and found the 11 out of 12 to be under inflated.

flpper

The balls were only inflated to 84% of their "legal" levels. Also, it's being reported that the Colts complained as early as November about the Pats using under-inflated game balls. So why didn't the league take steps to monitor the Pats equipment team? As a long-time Pats fan (my Mother was from New England) I'm disappointed in my team. On the other hand, I've come to expect cheating in pro sports. What does that say about a sad state of affairs?

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/deflat...w-england-patriots-inflated/story?id=28365105

BTW, Lane Kiffin is guilty of this also.

volfans

The pats will do any thing to give them an edge including cheating. It's been brought out before. 11 of 12 were deflated and I'm sure #12 was the kickers ball. The nfl needs to make an example of them. Given there history with breaking the rules I'm with jmax. Dq them. They did not play by the rules to get where they are so it's not fair to the teams that did if they are allowed to play. Dq them an ban them from post season play for next year.

flpper

NFL would never do that Volfans. Way too much revenue at stake. Which is basically the whole frikkin problem. Money talks; integrity walks.

kcsteve

The Superbowl is supposed to be the two best teams. It's not. It's the winningest at any cost or however distasteful. This year it is two disgusting teams. If the Patriots win, did they cheat? Well, we know they do. If the SeaHawks win, we will have to listen to Sherman's ranting mouth and watch Lynch's obscene crotch grabbing antics. I think I'll go fishing.

MadBomber

Jmax - 1/22/2015 2:24 PM
BRamsey - 1/22/2015 1:50 PM Don't both teams use the same ball?
Never knew it but from what I have read that would be a "No". Each team presents their balls to be tested by the refs like two and a half hours before the game. Then you get to change out balls on your side as the games is played when you have possession of the ball. emoScratch Who Knew?
</p>

It was explained on ESPN that the Home Team presentes 36 balls to the refs 2 1/2 hours before the game. The refs check them and give each team 12 balls each and hold the other 12 in reserve. I find it difficult to understand how the refs could not tell the difference in the two sets of balls!!!</p>

kcsteve

Oh, they knew the footballs were deflated. They know what pass interference is also. Brady screams like a cut monkey when his receivers are touched, then his team rides receivers like a backpack. If Brady gets sacked, he is all over the Refs as if they missed a block. In other words, the Refs play favorites, especially in Gillette Stadium. That's nothing new. Try to get a strike called, on the corner, in Yankee Stadium. Remember the strikes the Yankee's got, a foot outside, against the Braves? Have you ever heard of an Official being fined for cheating? I think that they (officials) should be held more accountable. We all have seen some WTF calls over the years.