Rig rod

SKIDROW37

Which rod is best for slingin a rig? Lookin at a cashion or a cumara. Or whatever's good.

djsmarinelectronics

If you would like to look at the Cashion Rod and give it a feel, I have one in stock.

djsmarinelectronics

PM sent

fishinvol

Hey Billy if you are going to look at Cashions, I would look at their 7'11 or 7'6 medium heavy flipping rods for rigs. They load up perfectly and are much lighter than the Cashion heavy Umbrella rig rod ( unless they have made some changes). Just speaking from experience.

VolsFan24

I threw a 3 arm 6 blade using 1/4 oz jig heads on Saturday, and threw it on a 7'6" Heavy Halo flipping rod. Was surprised with how much a difference it was over the cheapo quantom 7'6" heavy rod i used last year. I was using the daylite series rod which isnt their top one which im sure is great too. Got it at Fish n Fun and lifetime warranty. Worth a look.

Blue76

I bought a 7'- 11" Veracity Heavy action that I like a lot. I don't have anything to compare it to other than a cheap BPS rod. I use it for large swim baits, big punching jigs and the rig... I have only thrown the rig very little so the jury is still out on that but it seems to handle it fine.

bullshot

I find bass rods lacking for A-rig. Musky rods are meant for heavier weight and come in all different actions, I like moderate for A-rig but fast for larger swimbaits. Musky rods (with larger diameter blank) tend to be more forgiving to my tendonitis, yet still light weight and powerful to drive the hook home.

jighead

Cumara. I have one and I haven't found a better rod for the money . Evan at 7'9 they are extremely lite and they are made for slinging rigs half way across the lake.

djsmarinelectronics

fishinvol - 12/22/2014 5:22 AM

Hey Billy if you are going to look at Cashions, I would look at their 7'11 or 7'6 medium heavy flipping rods for rigs. They load up perfectly and are much lighter than the Cashion heavy Umbrella rig rod ( unless they have made some changes). Just speaking from experience.

Cashion came out last year with a designated "A-Rig" rod; specifically designed for throwing this bait.

saltyduck

I would also consider the Denali rods. They have a rig rod in the Jadewood, Kovert, and Rosewood series that are all great rods. Last year I mainly used the 7'8" XH Flippin rod, and its under $150.00

DinkDink

saltyduck - 12/22/2014 9:32 PM

I would also consider the Denali rods. They have a rig rod in the Jadewood, Kovert, and Rosewood series that are all great rods. Last year I mainly used the 7'8" XH Flippin rod, and its under $150.00
I agree. I really like mine. I have the jadewood rig rod. emoThumbsup