Where to get a new engine

Ok so I am looking at getting a new engine, probably a Merc Pro XS 225. Where is the place to go to buy and have one installed??

Well hmmmmm I would have never guessed that one!! Seriously who in this area would people recommend.. I dont want some dealer who gives bad service if I need any work done

fishinvol

To be a Mercury dealer you have to have a certified Mercury tech. So any of them will be fine. But if you don't mind driving a little, you could probably find some good deals. Bunch Marine up in Harriman is a good place.

smughal31

I'm driving down to freedom marine to get mine next month. Good deal and service. If not there I would go to Jacos marine it's a little drive too but worth it if you ask me.

Dgreen

I called around the area pricing engines awhile back. The best price I found on one mounted and ready to go was at Dalton Marine. If your serious about it take the time to make some calls. I found price differences up to $3000.00 dollars!

slick

Sounds like just any Mercury dealer won't do. I would get a list of all Merc dealers in a 100 mi. radius and start calling. Then I would take the best 3 prices and ck.them out for service and then make my decision.

Dgreen

slick - 11/27/2014 11:06 AM

Sounds like just any Mercury dealer won't do. I would get a list of all Merc dealers in a 100 mi. radius and start calling. Then I would take the best 3 prices and ck.them out for service and then make my decision.
That sounds like good advice! emoThumbsup

I want to thank you all for the info.. Seems like I just need to call around and see what I can find. I was kind of wanting to buy local where I can get the best service but there is something to be said for saving sales tax and buying up in Ky... the main thing I did get from this was there was no one dealer repeatedly named or suggested.. Thanks again.

higdon21xrd

We got a new Merc from Madisonville Marine a few months ago. They took a Yamaha off our Bullet and had the Merc installed in no time. Great people to deal with and a great place for service as well.

jbh3

bluewingjb - 11/29/2014 10:45 AM

I want to thank you all for the info.. Seems like I just need to call around and see what I can find. I was kind of wanting to buy local where I can get the best service but there is something to be said for saving sales tax and buying up in Ky... the main thing I did get from this was there was no one dealer repeatedly named or suggested.. Thanks again.

I'm all for saving a few $$ whenever I can as well. It's my experience that establishing a relationship with a good local dealer (and you have several suggested above) will more than make up what relatively few dollars you save up front when you have a problem. You need a strong dealer in your corner if you have a warranty issue or insurance claim. Not sure where you're located, but if you're up this way Bunch Marine is the best dealer I've dealt with in 30+ years of boating. You have several in the Chattanooga area as well. I'd advise you to get to know them, and establish a working relationship with the one you're most comfortable with. Good luck with your search.