Rain/winter wear

Purplebull

Been looking at several different suits and options to stay warm and also dry..I have a 100mph Bass pro suit but it lacks in the warmth department..My model is PRE liner yrs..Been looking at the Guidewear that's insulated but some say I will sweat to death in those and just need to buy a good outer shell and wear fleece of some sort underneath....Also have admired the Frabil suit as well..Not as much thinsulate as the Cabelas but price is right... Whats everyone else wearing in this department?

Fuzzy

I wear a hooded sweatshirt and sweats under my 100mph suit. I have a liner in my 100mph suit, don't know if I consider it insulated. Fished last Saturday at 25 degree, no problems. I hate putting on too many clothes in the winter.

DinkDink

I have the guidewear non insulated. I wear a hoodie under it and of course insulated long johns. I never get cold. Keeps the wind off very well too. I'm very satisfied with it. If only I could keep my hands warm. Someone please tell me the trick to that.

Smalliefan2

Any suit that keeps you dry is OK. Just layer up underneath, thermals or fleece, etc. Then you can adjust the stay comfortable in all conditions. A good beanie, and some shooter gloves help.

Blue76

bricknbass - 11/17/2014 6:57 PM

the new h20 ssx from academy r nice but not insulated just got a suit did very well sat and sunday

I have these bibs and a lightweight BPS goretex jacket. I just layer up with fleece under it. It was great the last two Saturday's. My partner was wearing the older version h20 rain gear and was fine as well.

jighead

Guidewear insulated is the best for cold and wet weather but it's not cheap.
been wearing guide insulated for years and no sweating issues but it is for cold weather only. it will keep you dry in wet weather and warm in cold weather.

SlabDog

I guess I'm just old fashioned. I don't think all this new gear is comfortable. I wear long johns, jeans and flannel shirt with double layer hoodie. When I get to the lake I put on the insulated coveralls I've had for years. It works for me and I stay warm. I have a rain jacket that will go over the carharts, but that's just to get me to the ramp if I get caught in a rain. I don't fish on rainy days. emoAngler emoGeezer

Tenncrapie

The underarmor coldgear is pricey but is the best I've found. Had mine on 2 yrs ago and laid on the ground in the snow for 2 hrs while deer hunting and didn't get cold. this stuff is not bulkey and doesn't restrict your movement.

Blue76

I just don't like the binding feeling of the UA stuff. I have tons of it from years of coaching but I prefer the old fashioned long johns for comfort. I hate being squeezed all day by those things.

Carl Guffey

<font size="3" face="georgia,palatino">If your 100 mph gear is good you are good to go. Add some Cabelas ECW under ware (polar weight), a fleece pullover, a merino wool balaclava. Stay away from any cotton wear. Shirts, jeans, socks are a hazard in cold situations if they are not wool. I fish year round and I wear sandles in February so my feet will breath. Also keep and extra pair of ECW under ware and wool socks in the boat. If you go into the water you can strip down put on dry undies and put your 100 mph suit back on and it will get you home.</font>

2jigs

SlabDog - 11/19/2014 6:44 AM I guess I'm just old fashioned. I don't think all this new gear is comfortable. I wear long johns, jeans and flannel shirt with double layer hoodie. When I get to the lake I put on the insulated coveralls I've had for years. It works for me and I stay warm. I have a rain jacket that will go over the carharts, but that's just to get me to the ramp if I get caught in a rain. I don't fish on rainy days. emoAngler emoGeezer
</p>

I used to be like that. I had a pretty good system worked out of older stuff I'd thrown together that would keep me warm & some what dry. As long as I drove 10-15 MPH in the rain. & if I got wet I could just head on in.</p>

But Robbie (like my partner) has a 300 HP Merc. on a 21 Ft. Bullet! What I mean is will it keep you dry & warm in the rain or sleet or snow75-90 M.P.H. for 30 miles. mine& my partners did last Sat. in the Heartland out of Sullivans.</p>

Well yousay that's crazy, how often are you going torun like that. & I say the Winners took home $800.00 & they ran 40+& so did 2nd. </p>

</p>

Ya spend $10000.00- $15000,00on anew Merc., what's $275.00to stay dry & warm for ever? Guys I've been there. I know it's a lot of $$$. But worth every DIME! </p>

hippi97

I just ordered the guidewear suit.. From what i have read and been told it`s worth the money.

SNUFFY

I bought a pair of UnderArmour gloves a few years back....only UA stuff I own . Was out fishing a TX and realized I was pitchin and flippin` with gloves on. Didn`t take em off after the run down the lake. Surprised the heck out of me how well they worked. I don`t remember a name for them but the were full fingers and really thin....had little plastic star type things on them for grip. Didn`t interfere with my fishing though. Very warm ! Gave about 20- 25 $ for `em.