Crappie Condo's(When,Where and How)

dryhorn2

When is the best time to put them out ? First time doing this and any pointers I'll gladly take them... emoSmile

foodsaver

whenever people can't see you. I have always seen them being planted when the lake is at its lowest level.

SlabDog

foodsaver - 10/31/2014 9:21 PM

whenever people can't see you. I have always seen them being planted when the lake is at its lowest level.

Hmm....Sounds like people ain't following your advice if you seen them being planted...LOL!!

With todays electronics you can't hide them anyway.... emoLaugh

gene0122

Obviously you would want to put them out when onlookers are at their lowest. Rainy days, winter months, and late nights are all good choices. Combine a few of these times together and even better.
Sure anglers find condos from time to time but don't be discouraged. Its highly unlikely that everyone in the county will make the discovery and be fishing it by tomorrow.

Location can mean everything to the success or failure of a condo.
Picking a productive location can sometimes be a crap shoot but first the fish must want to be there and have groceries available. Don't be surprised if enough wood to build a mansion in the wrong location does not produce a single fish. Also don't expect a couple of small sticks in 24,000 acres of water to produce limits of fish either.
Try to keep these things in mind when choosing a location.
Think about water depth and the changing lake levels combined with seasonal movements of fish, water temps, and current.
I personally like areas that I feel are out of the bass anglers way.

Oh yeah. Don't scratch the boat!