Island Cove Marina / Tracker Marine

Hook1

A while back I figured out that I was taking on water and it got worse every trip. I found two small holes in the bilge area from leaky battery acid. Insurance wouldn't cover it and the boat warranty only covered the welds and for only 5 years. I took it to Island Cove and they looked it over good and found it to be full of bad welds. I was a several months out of warranty and I thought about Drumkings post about G3 replacing his boat. My first thought was "Why not me?" I never seem to get a break like that. I planned on paying a butt load out of pocket to fix it up. Terry from the marina talked with Tracker and eventually convinced them that this was a problem well before my warranty expired. I delivered the boat to Lebanon MO and they fixed it. Not only did they make it water tight again but when I got it back they had replaced ALL the carpet and installed new seats!!! The deck looks brand new and didn't cost me anything. I owe that to Terry. If it hadn't been for his diligence I don't know what I would've done. It's nice to have companies that still stand behind their product and put the customer first. Can't wait to get her back in the water and thanks again Terry and Island Cove. And thank you Tracker Marine for going the extra mile.

churly

Dang! Thats great.

Hook1

Funny thing is I've already started saving up for new carpet and seats. Guess I'll have to buy a carport now lol. At least a decent cover. The only money I'm out of is what I owe the marina for removing engine batteries etc. and gas money for two trips to MO.

derek81

So does this mean you will clean the carpet now when it's dirty? I've seen the mold on that back deck. lol

Seriously, that is awesome Charlie, like Christmas came early.

drumking

I'm glad that Tracker repaired the boat like they should have. They used to have a lifetime warranty on their hulls. Wonder when they went to 5 year warranty? emoBigsmile emoGeezer

Gator

It's great to hear this.
We need to know who we can count on and who we can't. Congrats on getting the boat fixed. Thanks for posting.

Hook1

derek81 - 10/31/2014 2:24 PM

So does this mean you will clean the carpet now when it's dirty? I've seen the mold on that back deck. lol

Seriously, that is awesome Charlie, like Christmas came early.

Safe to say I'll keep it cleaner than before. And yes they went to a five year warranty on the welds. Apparently