Pitching Lessons

VolsFan24

Hey guys, im looking to start back up giving pitching lessons. A little bit about my baseball background. Played 4 years @ UTK and got drafted in '09 in the 35th round. Played 2+ years of pro ball before i got released. Made it up to triple A for the Chicago White Sox. I blew my knee out and had surgery. Now im in my 4th year as the pitching coach at Ringgold and 2nd year as the head JV coach. I would do the lessons at Ringgold high school. Pm me if interested.

porthos33

I thought you were going to teach me how to pitch jigs and plastics! I still get pain in my left knee from catching in high school when I have to stand on that trolling motor all day

VolsFan24

I originally had it titled baseball pitching lessons, but figured i would get more looks if people thought like you and were looking for lessons on how to flip and pitch. Haha.

VolsFan24

Bump

Jpxb2003

Very cool that you are doing this. I'm a little far away for my own kids , but what ages are you working with?

VolsFan24

I did endure the Raleigh experiment for a couple years, but i played my first 2 years under Delmonico. I work with kids 8 and up. Right now our baseball team is hosting a camp as a fund raiser and the 3 kids i usually gave lessons to are in the camp so right now my schedule is open every day but thursdays. Each session lasts anywhere from 45min to an hour and a half. Depends on what we are working on, how much the kid has been throwing, and if the kid is playing in a league or not.

dragfish

Good luck with everything. From what I've seen, there's a big market in lady's fastptch softball instruction.
If that was your specialty-you'd do well. Hope you do anyway!
I guess there's no way you could make that kinda change?

the maddog

I attended jr. high and high school playing baseball with Larry Simcox and still best of friends with hisDad. I pitched a lot of all star games and hurt my shoulder from throwing too much without proper rest periods...still hurts after casting a baitcaster for about two hours and throwing "the rig" is out of the question.

Driveshaft

Are you still giving lessons I have a nine year old that needs some help. Let me know some details. Thanks driveshaft