Frog Bite

bronzeback45

1 day had 30 blowups on a frog and caught half of them in 1 mat, then yesterday had about 5 blowups and no hookups, caught 1 flipping, that was it. Off and on is all I can say.

Strato-G

No ,blows today, fished several matted areas. I sure hope CBA folks have better luck this weekend than I had today. Knowing someone will find them, luck to all & be safe.

I'm not giving any secrets away today, hehe, wish I could. May be able to tell someone where not to be checking lures.......... emoGeezer emoUSA

Daniel Tn

I fished the frog practically all morning this morning and pert near halfway around Hiwassee Island. Not a single blow up. Would lay the frog down from time to time and pick up a square bill crankbait. Caught 3 keepers on the crankbait but that was it. I was hoping for at least a blow up on the frog.

Oldman

some body told me a couple days ago that he didn't think there would be much of a frog bite on the chick. this year.

Jmax

I heard it is great at Guntersville, I would go there. But I never do. emoEvil Jmax

Attachments

• 0923141224 (Copy).jpg
    0923141224 (Copy).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 0923141246 (Copy).jpg
    0923141246 (Copy).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 1015141224 (Copy).jpg
    1015141224 (Copy).jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 245
  • 20141017_115823_resized_1 (Copy).jpg
    20141017_115823_resized_1 (Copy).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 219
I'm in decature visiting family gonna hit the lake for a few and check out the frog bite coming back next weekend to do more fishing hopefully

bassinbrian

Spent the last 3 days on Guntersville, frog bite ain't happening on the lower end anyways. Had one blow up on the frog. Got our fish flipping and. On rattle baits, best fish 6lbs on a aruku Shad. It was tough for us and everyone we talked with.

Daniel Tn

Question for you guys about frogs. How do you typically work them? Do you just drag/pull them on top of the mats with a steady retrieve? Stop and go? Or do you do something totally different? I started making mine do a popping thing, sort of like working a Pop-R. I also heard about making them walk the dog but couldn't get my frog to do that as well as I could a spook or sammy in open water. I may not have been in the right spots for the frog...wasn't a whole lot of popping going on by gills in the mats.

The little bugs were horrible though....like little gnats or whatever they were. Any time we got near the grass mats, they were everywhere. I'm assuming that is what the gills come to eat. I'm going to keep throwing the frog. I'm bound and determined to get at least a blow up on one.

rangerjim

bassinbrian - 10/25/2014 12:03 PM

Spent the last 3 days on Guntersville, frog bite ain't happening on the lower end anyways. Had one blow up on the frog. Got our fish flipping and. On rattle baits, best fish 6lbs on a aruku Shad. It was tough for us and everyone we talked with.

Also was on the lower end of Guntersville on Sunday and caught one 3 lb fish on a frog was it. Must have fished a dozen grass mats with little to show for it. Just really hit and miss on the frog fishing. Did catch 6 solid keepers on a spinnerbait before the fog burned off late morning.

fishinvol

Fished Nickajack Saturday. Was slow for the first half of the day with just a few bites. Second half of the day was on fire ! Caught close to 20 frog fish with some nice quality. No giants but it was fun !

I hope to make it back down this Saturday to try to frog bite. Was able to get some tickets to the Alabama vs Tennessee game so didn't get to make it to the lake. Really hope they biting frog this weekend.