Thanks to Drumking for the tow

Blue76

Shout out to a nice guy for stopping yesterday evening and give a tow to my buddies boat. Brand new boat just lost all power and died... Drumking rescued us in his sparkling new G3 and towed us back to the ramp.

Also thanks to several unnamed people at the ramp for helping us get it out of the water. Who knew there was a fuse hidden in that area?

Good to see nice guys on the water willing to help out.

Attachments

• photozz.jpg
    photozz.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 225

Jmax

That is why you should get a Tow Boat US membership. Next time you may not be so lucky. For the price it is well worth your peace of mind. emoAngel Jmax

drumking

Blue76 - 9/17/2014 3:21 PM

Jmax... I agree. I have a membership and I think now my friend will get one as well.

Greg, I believe that the towboats membership that you have covers any boat that you are riding in. Check with Stacy and see if I'm right about that or not. Dr Phil took your pic and never sent it to me to post. But, it was enjoyable towing your new boat in with my new boat. emoBigsmile emoGeezer

Gator

Blue76 membership would have gotten a tow for your buddy in this case because you were with him. At least that's what they told me when I signed up.

Blue76

I need to check on that... I thought it was just my boat...

Found this on their web site...

"When the Member is a guest on a boat and the owner is present, regardless of who is at the helm, the owner of the boat would be responsible for having the appropriate towing service, not the guest member on board. BoatUS towing provides for any boat the Member owns, borrows or charters. Under those circumstances the Member is considered the Captain and responsible for the care and control of the boat."

So that means... I would have to lie to BoatUS and tell them I borrowed the boat and this other guy is my guest. I couldn't do that.... He just needs to pay the $60 bucks...

Gator

Sounds like I was mis informed.

BassERT

emoThumbsup emoGeezer

emoCool