Exide batterys?

Mudman

Any one else had trouble out of Exide batterys for your boat? Got 2 last yr and 1 is already bad.it's 14 months old.

spnplgr

I feel your pain man! With the cost of batteries today, it is now a good investment to purchase a good quality battery float charger. By reducing the amount of time a battery is in a partially charged state, the longer it will last. Immediately after a fishing trip, charge the battery to full charge. Then, without delay, plug up the float charger. It will pay for itself sooner than you would think.

jones

Bought two for my trolling motor a year ago and one has already went bad took it back to academy and they gave me my money back

SamDHarris

put 2 on my truck and they boiled water out . called exide, they told me they were the right batteries, they sent me 2 more and they done the same thing. they eventually gave me my money back. put 2 delcos on it and no more trouble.

Mudman

Thanks guys. Everyone I've asked said they r no good. Called exide today and they said they would make it up. So i will run it till it goes and then buy a real battery. Lol

Hook1

Holy crap. My Tracker has a couple holes in the bottom that appears to be from battery acid. I have two Exide trolling batteries!!!! I wonder if these batteries are responsible????

Mudman

Hook1 u can Google those batterys and that is a very common prob with them. I wish I had done my homework before I bought instead of after. Lol

Hook1

Yea it's gonna cost me $1200 to get it fixed. All I know is it's not my fault and my insurance said they don't cover corrosion!

catch 1

Exide batteries filed for bankruptcy last year after loosing Wal Mart. Johnson Controls now makes batteries for Everstart, Interstate, Diehard, Duralast, Optima and some others.

Randall53

After buying Interstates, Diehards and others, I've settled on the Everstarts from Walmart. They last as long as any of the others I've used and I save about 20 to 30% off the cost of the Interstates and Diehards.

heath423

Just bought 2 (Duracell) deep cycle from Batteries Plus. They are manufactured by East Penn Deka and relabeled for Duracell. My last set went 4 years.

jake22

+1 on the ole wally world everstarts. I tried the interstates. One battery went bad less than one month after warranty expired. Took it back hoping for maybe even just a discount towards another. No such luck. Plus Walmarts are just about everywhere. If one goes bad in warranty just find a Walmart near by and swap it out.

Dmountainmanb

I bought 2 batteries from TNT batteries for troling motor 3 years ago they have held up good. Always put on charge after a day on water.

stratos24/7

Im not sure about the Exide batteries personally but I do know they have a negative review, but I checked them out at Academy the other day and noticed there where a few that were really dusty on the shelve so I noticed a few of them had manufactured dates from last spring, so that's almost one year on a shelve at academy.

jg1456

I just bought a Exide cranking battery from Academy with a Feb 2016 manufacturer date on it. Havent had a chance to try it out yet. Fingers crossed I got a good one!