Outdoor Camera

wjhfish

Looking for input from those who have used a video camera to record hunts. I would like to purchase a video camera for deer and turkey hunts. The camera must be waterproof and withstand the elements. I would like a camera that can zoom in and out and maybe have the ability to steady the picture. Any ideas are appreciated.

Blue76

I have a Go Pro but to be honest I have taken way better videos with one of those cheap flip cameras. Not that the flip camera has better quality but it is easier to use... takes way less time to edit and process the video. A buddy of mine has one of those Kodak playsport cameras and his is also much easier to use than the Go Pro. I think the Go Pro is an awesome camera if you are diving under water or need something very rugged to withstand impacts. But to put on a mount where the only threat is rain... I think there are better options.

Now I am sure some people have become Go Pro junkies and know all the tricks to getting the video edited and ready for viewing.... I spent hours Sunday trying to get three short video clips ready that I took on Saturday. I could have done it in 15 minutes on the flip camera and it would have look almost as good... some would say better because it doesn't do the fish eye thing like the GP does.

My battery doesn't last very long on the GP either. I just hard wire it in my boat since it will not last 40 minutes at best.

Just my thoughts...