Fishing Above Grashopper Creek

Blue76

I am thinking about going up river to fish in the morning. The last couple of times I have did that I put in at Grasshopper creek. I live in Varnell Ga so it isn't all that bad to drive up. I have never put in at the Agency Creek area at Hwy 58. It looks like it would be a little shorter drive for me.

I can see on Google maps two ramps. One on each side of the river. Any reason why I should pick on over the other?

Also... I normally put in at HBSP... How long is the run up river from there in the boat is I run it say 50MPH? I am looking for mile markers but cant find them on a map to see how far that is.

I am guessing it would be better to just drive up and launch in that area.

The reasoning behind this is that I am thinking the boat traffic would be less up there on a holiday weekend...

Thoughts?

south599

You want the southern 58 ramp. Agency creek is a club and requires a yearly membership tp help keep the ramp up. So they have the right to have you towed.bunch of nice guys and have never seen that happen but its still possible. The hiwassee will be covered with annoying wake board boats and the wakesetters things too. You may be in for a ride leaving and coming back to the ramp but once your down around hw islandthe traffic is less and more spread out so its not bad usually. I would not suggest staying in the hw in midday 10-6 because it becomes hectic and there isnt even room for the rec boaters to be nice. So you wont have fun unless you like feeling like your on a jet ski while in your bassboat lol.

BulletTJ

You can use the ramp at Agency Creek but you have to pay a fee. The ramp on the south side of the river is a long steep ramp. If you can back a boat trailer you wont have a problem. On the down side you need a good tow vehicle to pull a big boat out of there. Also once you are in the river you need to stay between the channel markers if you dont know the river. It gets shallow and stumpy real fast. Hope this helps. Good luck.