Still spraying grass

Mielke

Spotted an air boat at the HB boat ramp. Asked where they where spraying and his reply was "where are we not spraying? Busy day." First one I have seen all year. Saw them later on around CF.

jmergen

There were 2 of them for half a day spraying just below the power plant , both sides and down river, a week ago last Friday

Hook1

jmergen - 7/28/2014 3:32 PM

There were 2 of them for half a day spraying just below the power plant , both sides and down river, a week ago last Friday

That's what pisses me off most. That is not exactly a recreational useage area. There's no boat ramp or boat docks there. What reason could they possibly give for spraying grass out on the river?

churly

They can't afford to kill it all. This hydrilla is like kudzu. Mother Nature will give us good grass years as well as bad ones, but from what I have seen, the entire lake is impacted by hydrilla from end to end and it grows faster than they can spray. The chemicals used back in the 80s & 90s are illegal now. Also, the spraying is resulting in a chemical resistant strain of hydrilla.

churly

kingcab - 7/28/2014 10:09 PM

They have already sprayed twice in Chester Frost before this time,paid for by the homeowners.

Sad...

And there is still tons of grass in there!

Oldman

i for one wish them home owners had that poison up their ying yang.

Radar

I dont understand how homeowners can pay to spray PUBLIC water..??? Its just as much mine and everyone else's as theirs.

fishinvol

churly - 7/28/2014 8:14 PM They can't afford to kill it all. This hydrilla is like kudzu. Mother Nature will give us good grass years as well as bad ones, but from what I have seen, the entire lake is impacted by hydrilla from end to end and it grows faster than they can spray. The chemicals used back in the 80s & 90s are illegal now. Also, the spraying is resulting in a chemical resistant strain of hydrilla.
</p>

</p>

Yea, I'm not seeing the affects from the spraying ( still disagree with it). Either they have it so diluted that it's not working or the hydrilla is building up a resistance. Still tons of grass in Chesterfrost. </p>

poolecw

The homeowners may be complaining and getting their way, but I don't think they can just up and pay to have someone spray the public waters.

kingcab - 7/28/2014 8:09 PM

They have already sprayed twice in Chester Frost before this time,paid for by the homeowners.

Sad...

fishinvol

poolecw - 7/29/2014 8:37 AM The homeowners may be complaining and getting their way, but I don't think they can just up and pay to have someone spray the public waters.
kingcab - 7/28/2014 8:09 PM They have already sprayed twice in Chester Frost before this time,paid for by the homeowners. Sad...
</p>

</p>

Been doing for a few years. </p>

jmergen

Do they spray non public too, or rather does the state have them spray spots not near public landing, docks, etc..? One boat spent time around witches ditch, no houses there on that shoreline, just down from nuke..

churly

If they are spraying areas they are not getting paid for, they will be bankrupt soon. They spray that area we call the "doctor slough" behind the witches ditch. There are houses in there, but they should not spray anywhere arond the main channels. If I am not mistaken, outside of a boat lane, they are not allowed to spray further than 100ft. From a permanent structure. But who knows. Between all the dead fish and spraying the grass, this lake might make the "top wake boatding lakes in the country".

jmergen

They never went all the way in the bay, if that is the slough you refer to. They came down the west bank below the nuke plant, passed in front of the point and island(?) going back in there, and went about 1/3 down bank towards Aris restaurant.