any info on watts bar

shawnr

I think I am going to finally be able to get on the water this weekend and wondering if anyone would share a little info about watts bar I will be putting in close to the dam,

Fishingron

Put in at the dam ramp yesterday morning after running over to Dayton and found a 100 or so boats getting ready to blast off, was a little crowded for us. Who starts a tx on Thursday anyway? Ran up to Lowe branch and fished till noon. My brother and I put 16 in the boat. 1 keeper. Water was 63-64* and no wind. Most of the bass were little bucks and we fished shallow running CB's. and most came on or close to a flat. I'm thinking bass on the bar are sill pre-spawn or very early spawn as the one keeper still had eggs and we didn't see any bedding. All our fish came out of 4 ft or less of water. I'm not a pro by any means, just an old guy that likes to fish. We had 14 on Monday and we had put in at the Hornsby ramp. And 1 keeper that day too but it was a SM and didn't count. lol. I'll guess the better fish are still staging a little deeper. That's all I can tell you and hope it helps. Here's my brother with the keeper.

Attachments

• WB1.jpg
    WB1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 200

higdon21xrd

I've been catching a bunch of short fish up shallow on spinner baits. Not too many keepers. If I told you where those were tho, I might have to kill you. Haha

Fuzzy

I went out on Sunday above Thief Neck. I caught all mine, 7 keepers, on a Series 5 Sexy Shad crankbait banging rocks and stumps in 3 to 7 feet. Water temps where I was at was only around 62 and most fish were white and skinny and appeared to be just arriving.

Attachments

• 24016.jpg
    24016.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 199

shawnr

thanks for the info. I went Saturday struggled all day caught a few bass on a shaky 6 or 7 fish only 2 keepers then tried crappie only caught 2 in about 15 ft, water temp got up to 74 , but good to on the water