Eva Shockey on Cover of Field & Stream

rsimms

Eva Shockey and Theresa Vail (Miss Kansas) are just two of many women making news in the outdoor marketplace these days. A few facts here: http://bit.ly/1imgbl4

Is it clever marketing or is it a true reflection of what's happening in the outdoors? Your opinions please ... GO!

Attachments

• eva2.jpg
    eva2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 405

Mansell82

I say clever marketing. I wonder if the same company owns Golf Digest?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 21,096

Hook1

Suddenly I want to get my golf clubs and hit the woods! Sorry I had to go there.

Fuzzy

I guess you have to define marketing. I don't think that using women on TV or magazines hunters or fisherman is clever marketing to garner men’s attention. I think it’s to bring women who do or want to try these sports out of the woodwork. I think it was sad when the Women’s Bass tour was cancelled. I don't think enough is done to involve women in some of the honest, clean "fun" we enjoy. I would love to see more women recruit more women. I envy those guys who can fish with their wives. My wife will have no part of it, mainly because she feels intimidated doing something she knows little about and feels it would impair my love of being outdoors. What really drives me up a wall is I know after 30 years of marriage, she would love it! Surprised the heck out of me when she said she wants to go halibut fishing with me in Alaska this summer. I hope she out fishes me!
As for Paula Gretzky giving me golf tips...in spandex and a bra...I don't think so! Shame on Golf Digest.