Bacon lovers might want to check this out

dragfish

I've been a Wrights bacon fan for years. A few months ago a friend of mine gave me some applewood smoked bacon he orders from Wisconsin and I'm done with Wright's now!
You can look up Nueskes Bacon on line and give them a call. I've heard Fresh Market has it for $10 or so a lb. -don't know personally.
If you order from Nueskes ask for the Springdale second cut-which is the stuff that isn't perfectly shaped. It comes in 5 lb packs for $23-but the shipping is around $11. So roughly $7 a lb.
The more you order the lower the shipping.
They have different thickneses up to a triple thick which is almost breakfast ham-I get the thick, which is about like Wrights thick. They also have bacon pcs. that are smoked that you can brown into GREAT bacon bits.
Check them out if you like good bacon!
800 392 2266

dragfish

Friends of mine that are real bacon lovers are going crazy on this stuff! The last order I placed was on a special that they were having.(their no.2 thick sliced) no. 2 meaninig it's not all "showroom pretty" cut was $15 per 5lb pack-with shipping was just under $18 per pack. That comes out to around $3.60 a lb for this Applewood smoked bacon that makes me thumb my nose at Wrights (at nearly $10 for 24 oz)
The last batch I ordered was 120 lbs.
Check out their website, they have all kinds of great stuff. Regular price on the #2 applewood smoked is about $22.50 for 5 lbs-plus s&h. The more you spend, the less the shipping. They have thin,thick and triple thick (which is almost like breakfast ham)

Nueske's Bacon.com