Chickamauga, "Another Toad"

Received a phone call at 4am this morning from a member of the Bass Club I fish in. Do you have the Club Scales at your house I was asked. Strange question I thought at this hour of the morning but to answer the question, yes. Do you think you could meet me or go to CFP and meet Mark to weigh a fish? As luck would have it I was only a few minutes from getting up any way so what the heck. What am I going to weigh I asked. He says he has the fish of a lifetime and needs Scales he knows are really close to correct for this fish. Knowing he has already caught one in the 12 lb. range I figured I might want to see this one. Off I went and upon arrival I notifed him I was there and within a few minutes here he came. After setting up the scales and talking a few minutes he went to the boat to retrieve his prize. At first when it was removed from the bag I was pretty sure it would go around 13 lbs. or so. On the Digital scales we had it weighed 13.86lbs. I was told that it was later Certified by TWRA at Soddy Tackle at 13.80lbs and was thought to be a lake record. This lake is pretty amazing right now . Lets hope the pressure dose not take it away anytime soon. Hopefully someone will post a picture as I am unable to do so. The TOAD was released to hopefully deposit a load of eggs soon. This is one of those things you do because you know they would do it for you. I sure hope he gets the chance to return the favor someday.

fischnrod

RE: allenb3812, Chickamauga, Largemouth "Another Toad", 4-5-14, Only a Spectater

I thought one of the Soddy boys had caught one 14 lbs and something a few years back and it was put at the aquarium in Chattanooga

RE: allenb3812, Chickamauga, Largemouth "Another Toad", 4-5-14, Only a Spectater

Could be. I was not there when it was weighed at the tackle shop. Only heard it was a record. I thought the record was set just recently but like I said I am not sure.

Andrew

fischnrod - 4/5/2014 8:31 PM

I thought one of the Soddy boys had caught one 14 lbs and something a few years back and it was put at the aquarium in Chattanooga

No, that one was around 12lbs. I think it died before it made it to the aquarium long it was in their holding/quarantine tank.

Just read a report from WRCB TV3 that the record was set in March and it was 13.90. Who knows. All I know is that this fish was huge.

275prostratos

Re: allenb3812, Chickamauga, Largemouth "Another Toad", 4-5-14, Only a Spectater

yeah chris coleman caught a 13.90 last year right around this time of year dont remember exact date. the pic is floatin around this website somewhere.

fischnrod

Re: allenb3812, Chickamauga, Largemouth "Another Toad", 4-5-14, Only a Spectater

ALRIGHTY THEN !!! emoBigsmile emoWorthy

tnvs1

Outstanding

jason

Yeah, I saw the pic on FB...Mark Grimsley? It was a toad. The gut looked like it was gonna pop.

fischnrod

I've got the picture but I will let the person that caught it do the honors of posting it when he gets around to it. The pic I have really don't do it justice though...

Carl

Here is the pic

Attachments

• 14 - 1.jpg
    14 - 1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 386

fischnrod

emoThumbsup emoToast emoWorthy HAWGGG!!!

TR20bh

Unbelievable! What a monster!!

Muskrat

Wow ! emoThumbsup emoWorthy

Bones

now that's a pig

DLR

That goes beyond toad...unreal! Mark is quite the hog hunter of late.