JR, Owner of JR's Marina on Lake Weiss Dies

G

Oh wow. I certainly hate to hear this, and in fact, a few tears are streaming down my face right now. JR was one in a million. The man would put a smile on your face, in a matter of seconds. He was easy to talk to, easy to get information from, and I can say that he honestly cared about his customers.

God brought home another angel, and prayers are being sent up right now from Trion, Georgia. JR and I became buds during the years that I fished at his place. If he saw me coming in, he wondered how many bags of ice I would need, or just what I had brought to get a picture with. LOL

He will be sorely, sorely missed. emoBawl emoBawl emoBawl

DHaun

I met JR briefly in 2005 when I took the kids to fish and camp at the Marina...After an hour or so of driving from Chattanooga we arrive with the kids trying to get there early on a Friday afternoon and the whole place was packed. No campsites anywhere...Tags from New York, Ohio, Illinois, Kentucky...everyone inlcuding us had converged for Spring time crappie on Weiss. After driving around the property unable to find a spot to setup a tent I went in twice and asked where we could camp. One person said they were all filled up...too bad...and shrugged their shoulders at us, but rather than send us back home JR spoke up and kindly offered up any spot on his property we could set up a tent. We setup right there next to the parking lot...it was an incredible view of the water and sunsets each night - I have always appreciated that and I am sorry to hear about JR - I hope the Marina continues to be just as successful as ever.

Picture%20038.jpg

G

I just told my parents the news of JR's passing, and we all believe that Jason will continue to keep the marina open. I believe that the customers that JR has gained over the time he has owned the marina will honestly come together and see that it's kept open. It's too good of a place not to keep open.