Monster Catfish Aquarium

Andrew

That's awesome.

takenoprisoners

Agreed. Super cool. I didn't know you could keep native species as pets. I'm guessing they were bought from one of those outfits that sells for stocking?

How long did the build take you? i've built a couple of stands for my program at the scout camp. Can I get the specs on that?

Labman

Wow!! monster project. emoThumbsup emoThumbsup I want one. Those bluegill look a little fearfull. Thanks for the video.

Regards, Labman

EricM

emoBigsmile emoBigsmile emoThumbsup

foodsaver

wow that is cool!

churly

I have pet bass that is 5 years old. His favorite meal is cheese krystals. He is in a 150 gal. Aquarium. My kids love feeding him.

takenoprisoners

SpurHunter - 11/14/2013 8:11 AM

takenoprisoners - 11/13/2013 4:48 PM

Agreed. Super cool. I didn't know you could keep native species as pets. I'm guessing they were bought from one of those outfits that sells for stocking?

You can keep natives in a tank, you cannot perform your own stocking program of public waters though.

Ah. Very interesting. Kinda makes me want to hire him to build me one! Very nice and thanks again for the info.

tbinchrist

Although I've kept fish for years, this is the first build I've done. I designed it myself to suit the needs and space I had. I know a few things to improve upon on next project. Good news is its almost maintainence free! I am looking at getting a bass to add. The prjoect took about 4 months in my spare time.

gaspergou

You might want to double check on keeping natives in aquaria. It is my understanding that the new bait regulations that passed last year specifically excluded keeping most native fishes in home aquaria...

[Edited to add:] If fish are taken legally outside of the state, then theoretically you should be able to keep them. You would have to have some way of verifying that they originated out of state, or it would have to be a species that doesn't occur in Tennessee (which seems somewhat counterproductive to the original intent of the new legislation).