Bass pro filming on the Chick?

stripeking

Was having lunch today on the point at Chester Frost, When I noticed a nitro z9 wrapped with blue bass pro wrapping, I believe it was Ott Defoe I've seen him in a boat very similar to the one i saw today, He had a camera man with him and it looks like they were filming a show on the TN rig. Actually seen him catch one, Was wondering if anybody else saw him today? Pretty Cool to watch.

Fishin' Junkie

It was Ott Defoe. My brother in law talked to him when he was leaving. He said Ott was filming a show using the rig.

stripeking

That will be neat to see a show on the rig, Maybe he will show something that i'm missing, Did he say when it might air?

Yfz45011

Just afraid its gonna end up getting fished to death then turn into a dead sea after a couple years but maybe I'm wrong. We all like to keep our honey holes or in this case the whole lake a secret lol. Thought about going this weekend but doubt it with there being 6 tx going out. Good luck to all.

proteam175

I went to the bass pro shop up by Knoxville last Sunday and there was a few pros up there doing clinics and that's all they were talking about was how good the chick was fishing right now.

polo-dog

It's always fun having some pros on the lake. I have seen and talked to Peter "T" a few times when he was putting in at Wolftever. Seems like a nice guy. A few years ago DK and I were out crappie fishing in the spring and they were filming a one on one tournament which was interesting. One pro in the front of the boat the other in the back and each got to be on the trolling motor for a specific period of time. The main theme was trying to keep the guy in the back of the boat from being able to catch a fish. Last year with the FLW here in the spring there were tons of wrapped boats around too. It's great that our lake has come back even after the decimation of the grass in the late 80s by TVA!

SpurHunter

<div>
Yfz45011 - 3/7/2013 6:13 AM Just afraid its gonna end up getting fished to death then turn into a dead sea after a couple years but maybe I'm wrong. We all like to keep our honey holes or in this case the whole lake a secret lol. Thought about going this weekend but doubt it with there being 6 tx going out. Good luck to all.
</div>

I continue to bedumbfoundedby thehardcoreTX fishermen on the Chic. VERY few will even post a simple report about their day for fear of somebody POSSIBLY catching "their fish". Yet, the same group isabsolutelyoverjoyedthe lake is getting nationalexposure......um,doesn'tthat mean more folks will come fish here? That more locals will start fishing, hole jumping, filling boat ramp parking lots?</p>

(And Im not picking on you here, but you brought up another good point) If thousands of TX fishermen come here, why would it hurt the fishing and or turn it into the dead sea? We are lambasted anytime a mention of TX mortality is brought up, it simplyDOESN'Texist intoday'sTX fishing we keep hearing.</p>

So many questions, so few answers......</p>

Sniperchoke

Obviously the Chick is getting much attention right now. There will be increased fishing pressure due to all the press. Now on one hand this is good for the local economy. On the other it makes for a crowded lake. Now to Spurs ? As in all things there are good and bad people, Tournament Fisherman included. Hopefully the good ones outweigh the bad. For the most part I think they have. I don't think the lake would have the quality of Bass it has now if the majority of Tournament Fisherman were abusing the resource. I believe in any Bass Tournament you are going to have some % of Post TX Mortality. Some tournaments Hail or Champion a 100% survival rate but just because a bass swims off doesn't guaranty its longevity. Now that being said education and examples of fish care can and have been advanced through Fishing Clubs/Tournaments and sites such as this.
To Spurs prior ? Tournament fishing is inherently competitive. This is one of the reasons I enjoy tournaments. In anything competitive participants tend to be secretive about success. Think about it, if you spent the time and money on preparing for a project at work or school would you freely give your hard earned information to your competition or to a fellow student who showed up unprepared? My answer would be no.. I would say go earn it yourself. So I deduct the environment of competition conveys the secrecy.

frazier2209

SpurHunter - 3/8/2013 8:09 AM

VERY few will even post a simply report about their day for fear of somebody POSSIBLY catching "their fish". Yet, the same group is absolutely overjoyed the lake is getting national exposure......

This statement is simply not true. Do you really think as competitive bass anglers we are "overjoyed" about the exposure?? I would love to see FLW, BASS, or any organization fail to come here.

Also I keep hearing that chick is the hottest lake in the country right now. I'm no biologist, but chickamauga cannot hold a candle to Gville. We do not have as many 5lb fish and our lake doesn't receive HALF of the pressure. There may be some big bags weighed in this winter, but the weights are not that high across the board. The saturday CBA is the ONLY day all winter that a bigger back was weighed in up here than by our friends 2 hours south. Last week Everstart anglers were faced with poor conditions and still brought in 39 bags over 20 lbs! The weights on this lake simply crumble under pressure. When the LARGE TX trails show up it gets proven each year. 10 lbs. a day to get a top 10 out of 280 boats in Heartland classic last year.

I find that most of those doing the most ranting and raving about the lake right now are the same folks that struggle to catch fish out there.

Jpxb2003

I will agree and disagree with your post frazier. I agree with the premise of your Gville point, however I don't think the heartland is a great representation of how great a fishery Chickamauga is.

cutthroat

Frazier2209 you are comparing apples to oranges.Heartland came in the fall.Everstart just fished Guntersville. Let the pros come here in Feb. and March and then make a comparison.

SpeedFish

I'm gonna say 44 lbs is not only holding and candle but it just burnt guntersville to the ground.

heath j

I just can't wait to fillet an 8#+ largie!!! That's gotta be at least 4 grill worthy slabs O meat outta a toad like that!!! Kinda like these 5&6#ers last year!!!
247338_3752777947851_175886143_n.jpg

bassstar

heath j - 3/9/2013 8:27 PM

I just can't wait to fillet an 8#+ largie!!! That's gotta be at least 4 grill worthy slabs O meat outta a toad like that!!! Kinda like these 5&6#ers last year!!!
247338_3752777947851_175886143_n.jpg
You probably aint gonna catch enough to hurt the population!