lowrance elite 7 hdi

275prostratos

anyone got the new lowrance elite 7 hdi unit, just got me one and man i really love it , its my first lowrance in years had hummingbirds for long time but it was such a deal i couldn't pass it up. the 7 in screen is awesome got more functions than im used to. probably gonna have a sore neck from watchin the screen instead of fishin now. anyone with any helpful hints on how to set it up for maximum use would be greatly appreciated.

275prostratos

dont think its either, just got mine installed and i love it dont no really all it can do but time on the water will help.
looking forward to trying it out

korngrinder

I got mine a couple weeks ago and I love it. I haven't had to mess with the settings very much either. The factory settings are almost perfect from what I can tell so far. It's put me on some fish right away. There is a lot of options that will take a long time to learn. Do you know if you can erase the tracking on the navigations. I know you can turn it off but I just want to erase what's already on there.

275prostratos

yes i no you can, i saw somewhere on the nav screen to erase track, but have not done it yet , im still trying to figure out all the settings myself. so far which color on your down image screen do you like best, i think i gonna stick with brown

korngrinder

Yea brown is good. I have switched to purple when I really want to see the bottom structure. I switch from brown to purple to sephia

275prostratos

im having trouble with my settings , can't seem to get it set just right. my down imagine is a mess, don't show like i think it should. if anyone gets theirs set right please help a fella out. i guess i'm over thinkin it

SNUFFY

Are you guys doing the transom mount ?? Just got mine and am in process of trying to mount it on my OMC troller. I really like the concept of the widescreen....most of the vertical in old style screens is a waste anyway. It`s a shame they only have the skimmer style TD in the DSI.....looks like I`m gonna have to notch my skeg to get it to fit on centerline of troller. About the time i get it mounted they`ll come out with a puck !!
Ya`ll keep up with updates on the setup....I got the X version since I have an HDS-7 on the console.

275prostratos

mine is transom mount, didn't have an trouble with that. that all worked out great, works great while boat on plane as well. my hummingbird that i replaced , i had to put the transom in the hull to make it work correctly.

275prostratos

you must be getting turbulance, might want to move your transducer somewhere else. mounted mine under the setback on my stratos. works good no interferance at all.