You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

Click for Weather

Tims Ford Smallmouth - even bad anglers get lucky
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3
   Fishing Fishing Discussion

Posted by Hair Jig
1/8/2012 1:36 PM

Carl Guffey - 1/7/2012 5:37 PM It just seems to me that anything under half of the state record weight is not a trophy.

I would say that it depends on the situational variables.  The lake, tackle, personal goals, etc.  Everyone might not be the huge fish expert that you are.

Posted by Carl Guffey
1/8/2012 9:32 PM
Whether it is caught in a ditch or Dale Hollow a three pounder is still a three pounder. The difference is when you do something to give certain fish the advantage to grow and be vital and then capture the result. Even then, that fish is still a good fish and not a trophy. If you set a goal to capture small fish that is all you will catch and land. Spend the time needed to learn about the prize, then go looking for only the very best. That is smallmouth fishing at it's best.
Posted by donberry
1/8/2012 10:09 PM
I do have to say I am really surprised at the interest my fish has gotten.
Posted by blazer
1/8/2012 10:50 PM
I have not caught as many Smallmouth as some of the Smallmouth experts around here,but i have caught quiet a few and none of them have been over 5lbs.So when i do catch one over 5lbs it will be a trophy fish to me,i guess i have low goals when it comes to Smallmouth fishing.
Posted by donberry
1/9/2012 9:28 AM
blazer - me too. If I could catch a bunch of 13-14" every time out I would be happy. Those smaller ones actually seem to jump a whole lot more. Sure I'd like a few bigger ones, but I would never complain a bit. Something about watching them take to the air 4-6 times just gets my adrenaline going
Posted by Hair Jig
1/14/2012 9:32 AM

Carl Guffey - 1/8/2012 9:32 PM  Spend the time needed to learn about the prize, then go looking for only the very best. That is smallmouth fishing at it's best.

Now you're going to give me advice on smallmouth fishing?     Save your time and trouble.  I don't need any advice in that department.  I learned from the best and have caught and targeted them for many years.  Probably more years than you are old.  So you can quit with the "expert" attitude.  It doesn't impress me in the least. 

Maybe if I go back and read every post you've made on here, then some day I'll be as good as you?  

Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser
Scenic City Fishing Action Alarms DJs Electronics Keller Williams Realty Tenn. Fishing

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
September 2015
SMTWTFS
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7» 8 9 10 11 12»
13» 14 15 16 17 18» 19»
20 21 22 23 24 25 26»
27 28 29 30      

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)
Sep 7 Action Alarms and Monday night (DAY) tournament.
Sep 12 CFF Tournament Trail #10
Sep 13 4th Chattanooga Crappie Club Tournament (2 signed up)

Advertiser

Random Photo
Me and CCSM, eighth place on the Nick with 11.68, only paid 6 places but a lot of fun. 04/25/09

"Me and CCSM, eighth place on the Nick with 11.68, only paid 6 places but a lot of fun. 04/25/09"
Album: Jmax and friends

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2015 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2015 PD9 Software