Who likes slaw? Sweet and Spicy Slaw

Liveliner

I have come up with a mix for slaw that all who have tried it will not go back to the old way. Even my Mom, who has done it her way forever. She tried my way and liked it so well that she now does it "Her new Way". This slaw is excellent with spicy foods like Bar barque and also on hotdogs.

For every four ounces of slaw mix (approximately two cups) use one tablespoon of each ingredient. The prepared bags of slaw mix you buy come in packs divisible by four ounces. For example sixteen ounces of slaw mix requires four table spoons of each ingredient.

For each four ounces of slaw mix, blend together the following;

one tablespoon of granulated sugar

one tablespoon of Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing

One Heaping tablespoon (but not a Glob) of Hellman’s Real mayonnaise. Any REAL mayonnaise may work as long as it isn’t salad spread.

Blend the ingredients together until creamy and then mix it into the slaw mix. Keep out a small amount of the slaw mix to add later in the event that you make the slaw a little too wet. Chill in the refrigerator prior to serving.

TennesseeTalker

Sounds good .. I'll try it. I wonder if it will be better than my all-time favorite slaw/potato salad/banana & lettuce salad dressing!?!?

I know .. what am I talking about right!?!?

I'll let you know.

Thanks LL.

TT

Liveliner

WARNING TT, You will not go back to your old way if you try it. Please let me know what you think.
David

carolf29

TennesseeTalker - 10/23/2006 8:21 AM

I wonder if it will be better than my all-time favorite slaw/potato salad/banana & lettuce salad dressing!?!?

TT

Uh TT...... are you expecting a TT'ette sometime soon or something?!?!?! That sounds awful girl!!!!!

TennesseeTalker

carolf29 - 10/23/2006 2:42 PM

TennesseeTalker - 10/23/2006 8:21 AM

I wonder if it will be better than my all-time favorite slaw/potato salad/banana & lettuce salad dressing!?!?

TT

Uh TT...... are you expecting a TT'ette sometime soon or something?!?!?! That sounds awful girl!!!!!

HAHAHAHA ... not all in ONE bowl silly. The salad dressing I MAKE .. can be used on:

Cold Slaw

Potato Salad

Banana & Lettuce Salad

3 Different SALADS ... and just for your information ... if there ever was a TTette ... there would be an Orcutt revolution! Hubby would definately have grounds for something I swore I would never do again ... DIVORCE! So .. NO .. not in this life time will I ever be thinking about the ette thing!

TT NO ETTE!

Liveliner

ZESTY Italian, You need the Zesty to get the taste right.

After you try it let me know what you think.

Jack

I tried this recipe!!

Best cold slaw I have ever had!

Two thumbs up from a fat guy that knows good food!!!emoToast

G

Here is another slaw dressing and you don't have to make it. The name of it is Marzetti slaw dressing and you can buy it at wallyworld in a jar all ready mixed. Put as much as you want on the shredded cabage. I have found that a little dab will do ya.

Liveliner

Glad you liked it Jack. Try mine and then see if you go back to Wally-world's slaw mix.</p>

I made about three pounds Saturday for a family get-together.  You should have seen the folks who had never had it tear that slaw up.</p>

G

I will say tha that LL's slaw is the best I have ever had and I have eaten slaw all over the country. It has that little something extra that sets it apart from the mayo/sugar/vinegar mix that most folks use.

Jack

I cooked up a big mess of fried crappie on Saturday!!!

Tonight's meal may have been the best one in the last two days!!!

Cold crappie fillets covered in hot sauce, microwaved NUKED Great Northern Beans, and LL Slaw!!!

I do like some cold two day fried crappie, but I THINK this LL slaw is the BOMB!!!!!!!!!

Again, the BEST I have ever had.............

Ekansboa

Hay Liveliner,

If you still come to this forum, wanted to let you know the recipe for slaw is a good one. My wife said she won't go back to her old one. Now if I could just catch some catfish to go with it :)

Pete

foodsaver

bump so this is easier to find for next time

elwestb

... thank you foodsaver, I'll try it!

EricM

emoWorthy emoWorthy emoWorthy Love this slaw!!!!!!!

foodsaver

bumpity bump bump. I will be making some of this slaw to go with the BBQ this weekend.