Report Poaching and Creel Limit Violations at 1-800-241-0767

DHaun

The following is Wildlife Enforcement Officer Mr. Matt Majors response to my question regarding the best way to report violations - Thanks Matt for the quick and informative response!

Ask the Game Warden is a free service provided via RSimms site on the Chattanoogan at:
http://www.chattanoogan.com/outdoors/

David,

Thanks for the question. Feel free to pass the information on to your fishing forum. By the way, great site...I do visit quite often. Sorry for my untimely response, I am in Louisville KY right now.

Please report violations as soon as you see them. The sporting public is our eyes and ears when we cannot be out. Get every bit of information you can....boat numbers, tag numbers, violation types, number of people, etc. Report the violation to our region 3 poaching hotline. 1-800-241-0767 This should be answered by a dispatcher who can direct the closest officer to your violation. If you need general information, call our general number at 1-800-262-6704. This number is for 28 or so counties so it may be hard for our staff to answer all those calls. Put our poaching number in your cell phone for easy access if you witness a violation.

If you see a major violation or safety concern, please call the sheriff's office. They can get a deputy there usually quicker than we can respond and possible stop the violation/summons a wildlife officer if needed. The sheriff's office can get in touch with wildlife officers by radio/phone if needed.

If you call our poaching hotline, be sure to tell the dispatcher all of the information and a call back number for you. We may need to call you about what happened. Our officers are not always available but are exceptional about working peak violation times and are willing to serve the sportsmen anytime they call.

Hope this helps...good to hear from you

Matt

Matt Majors
Wildlife Enforcement Officer
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
464 Industrial Blvd
Crossville, TN 38555
1-800-262-6704 ext. 3303 Matt Majors - TWRA Wildlife Officer

Bprice

Hey guys.. don't forget poaching can occur on the water too... i.e. people keeping above the # limit and below the size limit! Keep an eye open!

Fishin Fool

Thanks for the posting David. We seem to have a really good guy in Matt Majors. I've put the number in my phone.

G

Thanks for helping us out on this David and Matt. I put the number in the phone.

jcv

David,
I selected the link and all I found was the outdoor section and an add for Richard's new book.
Could not locate the "Ask the Game Warden" section.
Is there another link.
Thanks,
jcv