Nucli-eye or Moon lite

tndoe270

I need some help on which is better. I have a 20 ft triton and looking to install drop in plug(s) for black lights. I have heard that one on each side and get the nucli-eye will be sufficient for both people fishing the front and back or should I install two on each side and go with the moon lites?

For those of you with drop ins, which lights do you prefer and how many on each side??

stratos21xl

Never used either of them, I've heard the led lights are nice but I tend to be a creature of habit. I have used Stan Sloan lights for years and never even had a bulb go bad. I had a set put on my Stratos this past year, I think they are called Wormers by Sloan. Call Wally @ Dalton Marine, he ordered mine for me and they installed them. Mine have a small fluorescent light that you can adjust the brightness on with a dial and one black light bulb in each light. I'm thinking they were around 100.00 a light and each light comes with 2 receptacles for the boat.

blade

I have a 20 ft Bullet and I put one drop in plug both sides, in the middle of the boat. Moonlite LED lights are great. Putting the black light in the middle helps to keep the bugs off your legs. Also you can position the light in any direction. Good Luck

rodbuilder2

kathy i put 4 jacks on my bullet 2 per side and have one full moon and a 1/2 moon if i had it to do over i would have 2 full moons mine works great dewayne at cleveland ordered mine and cut me a great deal on jacks and lites hope this helps

tndoe270

thanks for the responses, I have been told that one nucli-eye is plenty for both the front and back person fishing to see. I do like the idea of one on each side which will help keep the bugs off of you. Hopefully someone will respond pertaining to the nucli-eye...

gilly

moonlites are just as powerful as nuclieye. moonlites have more advanced circuitry to protect the LEDs and a lens to protect the LEDs. bugs and grime get on nuclieye's exposed LEDs and there is risk of damage while cleaning. and moonlites are about half price. get the one with green...you can see better.

finbully

I have nuclieye with one plug per side on a 21 footer. That has been sufficient for two of us fishing, and I like the fact that it attracts less bugs with one unit per side. Fish-N-Fun mounted the plugs and I like where Butterbean mounted them.

Bumble Bee Kid

Nucli-eye are brighter we have compared the two side by side at the shop, and yes Kathy one plug on each side will light the side of that triton up like the forth of july. Let me know how when you want to order them and i'll get em coming. Is Gilly the owner of moonlite or something geez definatly not a fan of nucli-eye lol

nickajack-smack

Iam a huge stan sloan guy they r the best I have ever used but iam old school even though iam not old they r what I grew up useing and will allways use

gilly

Bumble Bee Kid - 2/8/2010 11:58 PM

Nucli-eye are brighter we have compared the two side by side at the shop, and yes Kathy one plug on each side will light the side of that triton up like the forth of july. Let me know how when you want to order them and i'll get em coming. Is Gilly the owner of moonlite or something geez definatly not a fan of nucli-eye lol

i don't own anything but a large tool. moonlite is just as powerful as nuclieye, about half the price and best warranty. not a hard decision for most.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gTdhQqX3gs

Hagen

With either the Atom or the moonlite you would need two lights per side. The Nucli-eye Extreme will put out the same if not more than two of either the atom or moonlite. So you tell me which is cheaper and how many holes do you wanna drill in your boat. You are correct the atom and the moonlite are about the same in output... and price. The Nucli-eye extreme which, you might be confusing some folk about on purpose or mabye cause you just dont know, is more expensive but you only need one. So nuclieye extreme vs two moonlites.. your moonlites are gonna be higher and your gonna have more holes in your boat.

gilly

i'm only talking about blacklight power, not visible light to see the shoreline. they've all got the same 3 uv leds. i can see the bank fine with the moonlites i've fished with.

I have the moonlights on my tr-196. I use a full moon up front and a half moon on the back. I like my set up. You could get away with one full moon on each side if positioned right.

TNTall

I am looking for updated feedback on the LED black lights to decide which to buy. Any problems or failures from the Nucli-eye or Moonlites? Also - is either of these made in America?

rodman55

I own 4 Nucli-eye's had one bulb burn out. I sent it back after 4 years and they sent me a new one no questions asked. I have used them all and Nucli-eye is the best .
Ive heard the new punisher blacklight is also good. . I fish all nignt on Wood Res and Tims ford. The Led uses less batt power. I will say dont run from spot to spot with them on. something in the motor chargeing system will blow the builb I was told.Keep in Mind the nucli-eye has two rows one is a fish lights also reflect the line and the blacklights that can be used at the same time.

TNTall

Sounds good. I'm sure the Nucli-eye is great, but the moonlite is much more affordable, and I haven't heard anything bad about them. Thanks for the feedback.