Leeches

ukfod1

I have never used leeches, but have heard other people talk about them. Are they good to use and if so when, where and how should use them?

G

All fish may eat the leaches, I have no idea, do a google search on them for fish bait, you might be surprised at what you find out. This is just like using salamanders, beter known as spring lizards or water dogs, they are the best smallmouth bait around, some people use them if they can find them. When I was a kid I used wasp larve out of wasp nests that I tore down, that is the best brem bait to be found anywhere and they are free if you can find a nest. Don't rule out any bait.

NRG

Leeches are great in lake and rivers where the are abundant, and Im sure you could do well here with them .. but just dont let them get hold of you lol.. ever seen the movie stand by me lol .. There are leeches in the TN river system.. see one every once in a while.

Buying them would be an issue.. you would prob have to order them via mail .. Im not aware of any shops around here that sell them .. personally Id stick with shad or crayfish ! I have fished for walleye and smallmouth in Canada with leeches but they give me the creeps.

Id rather just take a piece of soft black leather or rabbit fur, and drift it like a leech, works about as good, and its readily available at fly shops.

Here is a link on catching leeches and using them dont know how many you will find but ..
http://www.upfishing.com/procurring_leeches.html

Shankopotamus

NRG - 10/9/2009 6:10 PM but just dont let them get hold of you lol.. ever seen the movie stand by me lol ..
</p>

I reckon if I looked in my drawers and had a leech on my stuff, I'd pass out too!!!emoEek </p>