1981 Monark Bass boat w/90 Johnson 16.5 foot

iluvbassfishing

I hate to even list this boat . I bought it a few years ago , sold it to my dad back in the spring after much pestering from him emoSmile , he used it on the weekend at Lake Tansi in Crossville until August when he found out he had cancer . ( boat was in the water for 2 or 3 months , yuck water line stains ! ) I turned around and purchased the boat back from him and have used it less than 5 times since then . I bought the boat from a mechinic at work who bought it from the original owner , also at our work . Long story short , after 1 bad "used" boat experience years ago , this is the first used boat I've bought in 15 years !! Wouldn't have bought it but I knew the 2 owners and both keep thier stuff up .

Very good shape for year , original carpet , motor , etc . I put some very nice fishing seats in it for my dad's birthday before I got it back , they are highbacks and super nice . ALL gauges still work , switches etc . Only things I can't get to work is the horn and the tilt / trim switch on the bow , I've just never fooled with it . Has 2 depth finders , nice rod box , built in cooler . Aerators still work fine also . No soft spots that I'm aware of . Has been stored inside all its life except for 2 years and it was undercover then . Original trailer included .

Will run around 35 mph with gear and 2 people . Motor has never had anything done to it except to have the carbs cleaned ONCE ! I did a compression test on it before buying , not sure I did it exactly right , but got an avg. of 108 - 110 per cyl. Motor runs great , never a problem with it .

About the only thing I see that might need some attention later on is to replace one of the cables , I'm not even sure which one it was , I just noticed when I bought it that a few strands had broken , maybe 2 out of 10 ? I've not had a problem with it , just wanted to mention it . 3 good batteries , nice ( newer than boat I THNK ? ) trolling motor 40 something thrust 12/24 volt with gator mount .

I will try to get some pics up on a hosted site tomorrow and add a link to it . I've got close to $ 3000 in the boat . I added the retractable tie-downs , new strap , new flip jack up front on the trailer . I've only changed plugs on the motor just because , changed out the lower unit grease and grease any fitting I could find while I was at it .

Great starter boat . It is a little deeper inside compared to the newer ones , the original driving seats are the only "bad" part to me , they are in fair shape . I also have the original fishing seats too .

Asking 2400 and with that price will include 2 NEW anchors / nice rope , couple of vest , air horn , fire ext , new paddle , running lights , 2 black lights , everything to get you legal on the water right away .

I should be home most of the weekend if interested .
Thx

S.C.

JDK

great looking boat good luck selling it